News Tyrone Daily Herald Archives

New Jersey fugitive nabbed by Tyrone and Bellwood police

On Wednesday, November 26, Tyrone and Bellwood Borough police officers arrested a wanted New Jersey fugitive who was living in Tyrone, as well as working at Russell’s Verizon Wireless along Pennsylvania Avenue in the borough.
Aaron Ezall Beard, aka William Beard, 42, of 1315 Burley Avenue, was taken into custody a little after lunchtime on Wednesday. Beard had warrants for his arrest from Camden County, New Jersey, where he was wanted on a bench warrant and bail forfeiture.
Tyrone Borough Police Chief Joe Beachem said that Beard was charged Wednesday with a felony fugitive from justice count at Magisterial District Judge Fred B. Miller’s office by Tyrone Police and taken to Blair County Prison, where New Jersey law enforcement will likely extradite Beard to Camden County to face felony charges.
Beard has felony drug charges to face in Camden County, but was out on bail and skipped out on court when his hearing date arrived. He also has a past criminal record that includes felony aggravated assault and armed robbery.
According to the affidavit of probable cause, on Tuesday, November 25, Tyrone Police were informed by Huntingdon State Police that Beard was living and working in the borough, and that he was a fugitive from justice. An anonymous tip prompted state police to contact police in the borough.
Officers from the borough attempted to arrest Beard on Tuesday, but were unable to due to not having possession of the felony fugitive warrant, and that Beard had already left his work place at Russell’s Verizon Wireless.
Tyrone Police contacted Huntingdon State Police the following day and state police said that Beard was to be arrested if officers could locate him. Officers Patrick Wise and Jeff Guyer located Beard at his work place on Pennsylvania Avenue, but due to his violent past, Officers Wise and Guyer, Chief Beachem, and Officer Joe Schlect from Bellwood Borough all assisted in making the arrest.
Beard was taken into custody without incident.
“We’re thankful that we were alerted about someone who had a violent past like that and was living and working in our borough,” stated Beachem.