Categories
News Tyrone Daily Herald Archives

The Pavilion at Reservoir Park

The Tyrone Area Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce the new collectible that is now available for purchase: “The Pavilion at Reservoir Park – also known as Stevens Park”. The back of the collectible reads, “The Pavilion was built in 1936 by Work Progress Administration (WPA). The lumber for the Pavilion was milled from oak trees on borough watershed property. The Pavilion collapsed under the weight of the snow on January 25, 1978. The building was torn down in 1979. Thousands of teenagers and adults danced to the tunes of the 1941 Model 750 Wurlitzer juke box or dance bands.” For more information or to purchase the new collectible, contact Rose Black at the Tyrone Area Chamber of Commerce office at 684-0736. (The Daily Herald/Christina Pryor)