Categories
News Tyrone Daily Herald Archives

Newest collectible now in stock

The Tyrone Area Chamber of Commerce’s newest collectible is now available for purchase.
A replica of the Tyrone Municipal Building, located at 1100 Logan Avenue, is the newest addition to the collection.
The back of the collectible reads, “Tyrone’s first public (government) building was erected in 1857. A brick, two-story building was later erected on 10th Street. The Citizens Fire Company used the first floor, and the Borough Council occupied the second.
“In 1916, Tyrone Borough constructed the present building at 1100 Logan Avenue for its headquarters. The builder was J. Van Hildebrand, and the cost was $24,640. The architect was W.F. Wise. When the building was dedicated, all businesses closed at noon so that the people could attend the ceremony.
“The Municipal Building stands on the former location of the National Hotel (1870s), the Constitutional Amendment Hotel (1880s) and former private homes.”
According to Tyrone Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director, Rose Black, six collectibles are now available for purchase, which include: First National Bank Building (now Tyrone-Snyder Public Library), Gardners Candy, First Blair County National Bank (now M & T), Tyrone YMCA, Pennsylvania National Guard and the just released Tyrone Municipal Building.
The PR Railroad, the Tyrone High School, Wilson Theatre, Wilson Chemical and Villa Restaurant are all retired pieces and are out of stock.
Soon to be retired are the YMCA and First Blair County National Bank pieces, with very limited quantities left for purchase.
For more information on how to purchase any of the collectibles, contact Black at 684-0736.