Public flu shot clinics will be held at Tyrone Hospital during the month of November.
The flu shots will be provided on a walk-in, first come, first served basis. All persons receiving flu shots need to register at the main registration desk and then proceed to the emergency room to receive their flu shot.
The cost for a flu shot is $30 per person with payment due at time services are rendered. Cash, personal check, money order, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover credit cards are accepted. Insurance can be billed for individuals covered by Medicare such as Security Blue, Freedom Blue, and Geisinger Health Plan Gold.
The flu shot clinic will be held on the following dates and times:
• Monday, November 5 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Thursday, November 8 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Monday, November 12 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Thursday, November 15 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• Friday, November 16 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Monday, November 19 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Tuesday, November 20 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The flu vaccine should not be used by people who are allergic to eggs or egg products, those who are allergic to thimersol, those who have acute respiratory or other active febrile illness, those who have an active neurological disorder, or those who have a history of Guillan-Barre Syndrome.