Over the night of October 7-8, state police reported that someone stole the registration plate off of a 2000 Yamaha motorcycle owned by Adam Campbell of Tyrone. The incident occurred along Main Street in the village of Northwood, Snyder Township. The stolen plate is PA Reg. “PFE20”.
State police reported on October 11 that Balfurd Health Care Inc. in Tipton found a small amount of marijuana in a pajama shirt pocket that they were laundering. Police took the marijuana and placed it into evidence.
Unknown actor(s) entered an open barn/shed owned by Ricky Lee Sprankle, RD 2 Box 158, Tyrone, and removed a 2007 (dark green) Yamaha Rhino 450 ATV. The incident occurred on October 11. The ATV had two seats, aluminum rims, black fiberglass roof and a 14 inch small crack on the passenger side floor.
On October 13, state police reported Frank Lester, 64, Warriors Mark, was traveling north on SR 550 and failed to negotiate a left hand turn in the roadway at Dungarvin Road, Warriors Mark Township. Lester hit the embankment and came to rest in the field along the roadway. Lester was transported to Mt. Nittany Medical Center by A-MED EMS. Warriors Mark/Franklin Fire Company assisted on the scene and charges will be filed at the office of MDJ in Alexandria. Lester was wearing his seatbelt.
Blinded by sun
State police reported on October 13 an accident occurred along SR 4018 when Mary Himes of Tyrone was going east of SR 4018, Lower Riggles Gap Road, Antis Township, when she rounded a curve and was blinded by the sun. She lost control and the left front of her vehicle hit a bridge railing. Himes was wearing her seatbelt and she was not injured.
On October 13, state police reported Daniel Streightiff, 32, Tyrone, fell asleep in his Mazda Protégé on his commute along SR 550 and Loveville Road, Halfmoon Township, and struck an Alltel utility pole, nearly shearing the pole off at the base. Streightiff was wearing his seatbelt, suffered minor injuries and the vehicle was destroyed. State police were assisted at the scene by volunteers from the Port Matilda Fire Company.