Categories
News Tyrone Daily Herald Archives

National Guard collectible

The most recent addition to the Tyrone Hometown Collectibles is the Pennsylvania National Guard, AKA The Sheridan Troop and Troop B. The reverse side of the collectible reads, “The Tyrone’s Sheridan Troop was organized July 15, 1871. The founder and Troop Commander was Major C.S.W. Jones. The building was erected in 1892. A stone building 56 by 81 feet in size, there are three stories. The first floor had 60 stalls for horses; the second floor (64 by 54 feet) was a drill room; the third floor was used as a property room. Today the building is still used by the Pennsylvania National Guard.” The collectibles are available at the Tyrone Area Chamber of Commerce office. (The Daily Herald/Amanda Golden)