Tyrone man jailed on multiple burglary charges

Tyrone Borough police report the arrest of 27-year-old Daniel A. Fink of East 14th Street, Tyrone, on multiple burglary charges.
According to Tyrone Police Chief Joseph Beachem, the arrest resulted from an incident that occurred at a Washington Avenue residence last week.
Police said at about 12:30 a.m. on April 20, authorities received a call from the Washington Avenue resident stating someone entered his residence, but fled once the homeowner woke up.
Police said the man fled and hid by the railroad tracks in the area of Washington Avenue and West 11th Street. A group of people witnessed the man running from the residence and approached him while he was hiding near the tracks.
Police said the man then pointed a handgun at them, cocked or worked the action, then told the group to “mind their own business.”
Police said the group that approached the man knew his identity, but he again fled on foot traveling south on Washington Avenue.
The group of people who approached the man went to the police department to notify police. There, they identified the man as Fink.
Patrol Greg Ray and Patrolman Billy Mayes responded to the area of Fink’s residence and found him outside about to go in.
He was taken into custody and charged with burglary, criminal trespass, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, criminal mischief and loitering and prowling at night. Fink was arraigned before District Justice Craig Ormsby in Roaring Spring. Fink was placed in the Blair County Prison in lieu of $50,000 percentage bond.
Through further investigation, police learned Fink was involved in other burglary incidents in the borough.
Police said on March 23, authorities received a call concerning an unknown male shutting off the power to an elderly resident’s apartment on the 900 block of Pennsylvania Avenue. Police said the man identified himself as “Bill” and told the resident that he was there to fix the light. Police said he stole a purse from the apartment containing approximately $245 in cash.
Also, on April 14, police received a report of approximately $800 was stolen from an apartment at 1370 Logan Avenue. The victim in this case stated that he had awoke in the middle of the night and discovered that his power had been turned off and his wallet containing the money had been removed.
Fink was charged in both incidents with burglary, criminal trespass, theft and criminal mischief.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled for May 4.